Wednesday, May 11, 2011

So Melodramatic, it's all in the Questions

Jeez, I really sound melodramatic most of the time don't I? At least in this blog. It's odd because I don't think I'm so melodramatic in real life, I guess getting to express your feelings so freely online can make anyone seem dramatic.
In any case, I am done. I completed my last final and I believe I passed it, and since that's all I need since it's a pass/fail class, I'm happy.
I guess maybe I seem so negative because I feel like I don't get a chance to enjoy graduating before I'm off to do class and lab work. Not that it won't be fun, I am sure that it will be very fun and exciting. I'm just still adjusting and I'm still stressed about so much, it seems like I should just slow down and enjoy myself but new things pop up all the time. Have to register with the state department, call the credit card company to let them know it's not stolen, buy shorts and shirts and sunscreen and bug spray, pack all of that crap, make sure important stuff is on carry on, find a carry on bag, should I use a fanny pack? No, I don't want one, need a back pack, where am I going to find a backpack? Do I have time? I have a dinner for Anthropology Majors tomorrow and now I need to get my thank you notes done, but I wanted to take time to write them first. What did I leave at home that I need to have my parents bring? Passport? I need to call BU, when should I call?
And those are just things to worry about for my future career, let alone questions about living and working when I'm back from the field school, or my friends, or my boyfriend.
So I guess all the questions cover up the part of me that's excited. I guess that's a problem. I can't just live in the moment, I'm a planner. I need to have things planned. I can't say it's a better way to live, it seems to make things easier sometimes but in other times I guess it can get in the way of just enjoying life.
Well we're going out to celebrate my birthday on Friday. My birthday was last month but I wanted everyone to enjoy themselves during the outing so I waited until the end of finals week. Hopefully everyone can just let loose and have fun. And hopefully I will too.
I promise to start making these posts more upbeat. I just have to process through the negative first and then only the positive will be left. Well, before I panic about my flight. Lol, that's me, the worrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment