Monday, May 9, 2011

Flights and Finals

Today I had my first of 2 finals before I am done done done with my undergraduate career and just drink for a whole week until I graduate.
Of course the day started out pretty awful. My stupid university, they have us on 24 hour quiet hours for people who are studying and then they mow the lawn right outside of our building at 5:30am. WTF?? My exam was at 9am so I studied until midnight and went to bed so I could wake up at 8 to do last minute studying and they wake me up 3 hours early! I was pretty pissed but went back to sleep, which I am proud of myself for doing as I am quite a light sleeper.
The test wasn't too bad, I probably could have done better but I am happy with what I wrote considering how screwed I felt after reading the questions. I also included a small thank you note and inside joke sketches at the end. This Professor is my favorite lecturer at Brandeis, hands down. I have a different favorite professor but he is just an amazing lecturer and I just had to thank him because, well, he gave me a minor. I signed up for one of his classes, got hooked on them and took another 3. I basically made a minor out of his courses. I hope he finds my note and enjoys it.
After that I booked my flight to NYC from Boston so that I can catch my flight from NYC to Albania (technically I have a lay over in Munich but I don't actually get to step out and see it so I'm ignoring its existence, for now). This is so real. My friend Colin (dubbed Big L because we have another Collin) texted and asked me when I was coming home and it felt like I really cemented the fact when I told him the date I was coming back.
I also finally got a call from BU, the woman I'd been trying to reach all week had been out sick for 10 days and called me and left a voicemail telling me that she'd call me back with the information about my application. At this point I've accepted that I was (most likely) rejected but it doesn't bother me so much because I know this field school will certainly help me get in, as well as my connection to Professor Crist that will hopefully be positive and close after those 24 days. I just want to hear it from BU. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment