Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Senior Week! Why am I still sober??

First news first: I am currently on the waitlist at BU. Found that out on Monday when I called. It's not a flat out rejection, so that makes me feel good, still wish someone had actually bothered to let me know before I spent 2 weeks calling them.
Cruel twist: The woman I spoke to on the phone told me she would email me about when I should hear the final decision on my application. Unfortunately the first email she sent me was an acceptance email, followed a minute later with a email telling me that was a mistake. Ouch. Guess I sort of know how those kids who were sent acceptance letters on accident feel. But they were actually rejected and found out hours later.

Secondly, I am now really excited to go abroad. Still worried about the plane trip but I'm meeting up with another member of the school in the Munich airport to fly to Albania and we're taking a taxi to the hotel in Butrint. I friended him on facebook and realized that he knows more about Osteology than I do, which is nice, I can learn from him.

Currently it is senior week at Brandeis but it's been raining every day. Not the pouring kind of rain either, the drizzling, halfway rain that always lingers. A bit disappointing. But I went to a nightclub/bowling/billiards place which was pretty neat, except it only had 16 lanes! Seriously? The place was huge. That's my only complaint. I also got to go to Mohegan Sun. And I suck at gambling.

Actually the coolest part of my week so far has been to find Norman Reedus on twitter, follow him, ask him a question and have him reply to me and follow me! Really cool!! Too bad I think I scared him off with my morbid knowledge. Haha. He played Lewis Powell/Payne the person who attempted to assassinate William Seward, the Secretary of State under Lincoln. I actually volunteered on a dig at the Harriet Tubman Homestead in Auburn, NY and we went to the Seward house for a day. He was a good friend of Tubman's and actually helped set her up in Auburn. Anyway Seward was a totally hoarder, the house is a museum filled with completely authentic furniture, place settings, books, sheets, curtains, rugs. Everything. Man collected a lot and kept everything. He even saved all of his clothes with notes in the pockets detailing what day he wore them and why. Anyways, the question I asked Norman was if he had been to the Seward house because, Seward was a hoarder and actually saved the bloody sheet from the assassination attempt and it is on display along with all the details of the assassination plot. I thought since he played the wannabe assassin he might have visited the house and seen where the actual attempt had taken place, as well as the cloth and evidence of the attempt. I'm making myself feel better by saying that he hasn't responded to my response (telling him about the sheets) because he's busy, not because he thinks I'm crazy. But still, first interaction with a real movie celebrity (crush). Hopefully not last.

Packing up my room is odd, mostly because I really need to make sure stuff is definitely in boxes before my parents come. I'm supposed to move out Monday some time before noon but because of my flights I have to be at the airport early Monday morning so I won't be able to move my stuff out with my parents. I also have to keep all the stuff I need for Europe separate from my other stuff to be packed. Lol. Would be easier if I actually had my suitcases, but I left them home and they got destroyed by a flood in our basement so my parents had to buy all new luggage to bring.

Still haven't really processed the idea of finality with this exodus from college. I feel like I don't have the words to properly say goodbye to all my friends. Guess I'll have to say goodbye soon though.

Also: Getting up at 6:30am for an 8am commencement does not sound like fun at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment